Sustainable real estate advisory

Helping real estate companies implement sustainable practices at the heart of their business

The real estate sector faces increasing demands to significantly change its modus operandi and decarbonise. Nearly 40% of all carbon dioxide emissions are created by the industry, of which approximately 70% of the gases produced by building operations, and the remaining 30% deriving from construction work. Given the scale of change needed, there is sometimes an air of pessimism, particularly from certain players who find it difficult to reconcile their undeniable expertise in their business with their knowledge in the separate discipline of ESG.

At Mazars, we are committed to helping our clients in their sustainability transition, from the initial point of contact, to setting up and defining their implementation strategy in a goal to help them generate greater value.

How can Mazars help?

Our focus is on providing real estate companies across the whole value chain with advice on ESG matters.

We work with real estate players, ranging from property owners, users & developers, construction companies, hospitality & leisure to real estate funds and investment managers, as well as social housing providers.

By leveraging on our international and integrated partnership, coupled with our deep sectorial knowledge, we tailor our services to our clients' needs, providing a personalised approach throughout their sustainable transition.

Our offerings include:

  • Defining and implementing an ESG strategy
  • Carbon & consumption strategy
  • Integrating a circular economy approach
  • Internal control and risk management
  • Designing sustainable workplaces
  • Building a technology strategy
  • Regulatory compliance and reporting
  • Supporting for certification and recertification
  • Voluntary ratings, certification, and reporting

Examining sustainable finance services in real estate


Navigating sustainable real estate - report